Sunday, July 8, 2012

Maybelline Falsies Flared Volum' Express Mascara Review

Hola! Today I have a Maybelline mascara to show you guys- Falsies Flared. This is from their Volum' Express line, and I bought it a while ago, but I thought it'd be good to review it. It's a volumizing mascara (hence the Volum' Express in the name). Maybelline claims it gives you "300% more visible lashes" and that its "patented Spoon Curler Brush fans out lashes from corner-to-corner" while the "Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping". 300% more volume Maybelline? Really? Well, let's test it out. 










My bare lashes, curled
 2 coats of mascara


Comparison- left with, right without








The Good:
Woah! There's definitely some volume going on there. My lashes look pretty damn good. The brush is also pretty nice, it's not overly bulky, and the slight curve allows me to get to the roots of my lashes easily. 

The Bad:
This mascara has THE WORST smell EVER. It's a fake rose scent, and it smells AWFUL. I can even smell it when it's on my lashes. UGH. Maybelline y u do this to me??? This mascara and I would've been close friends had it not been for this GODDAMN SMELL. As you can tell, this really frustrates me. The bad doesn't stop there, though- this mascara also makes my lashes crispy and hard, and flakes like a crazy lady. There's some clumping action, but it's not overly bad. This isn't really "bad", but I don't think it lives up to its flaring claims. My lashes look just as not flared as the did before. I didn't really think it would help my lashes flare out anyways, though, so it's not a big deal for me. 

Overall:
I will never, ever, EVER repurchase this mascara, and I do NOT recommend it, unless you enjoy the extremely artificial scent of fake roses. I can get past the flakes, the clumping, maybe even the crispiness... but there's no way in hell I'm getting past that smell. It's sad, really. Oh well. My quest for the perfect mascara continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment