Saturday, July 21, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Volume Plumping Mascara Review

Bonjour, mes amis! Como estas? (Like my language switching? ;)) Today I have e.l.f.'s Volume Plumping mascara for y'all. I mentioned this in my haul video, which you can check out here. (Yes, I am shamelessly self promoting my video. Deal with it.) Anyways, let's get back on track... According to e.l.f.'s website, this mascara "coats lashes from root to tip for an intense and dramatic effect" and its "vitamin B rich formula conditions and strengthens for visibly healthier looking lashes". Wow. e.l.f.'s setting the bar pretty low. I like! Let's see how it performs... 




Before

W/ 2 coats


This mascara really impressed me. It was only $3 at Target, which is a total steal! The brush isn't too big, but some might find it cumbersome- especially those who don't like the Lashblast/Diorshow style brushes. I don't own either of those, so I can't show a size difference, but I do not think it's as big as those. You won't find tons of volume here, but there is some, and there is definitely added length. I wouldn't say it has an "intense and dramatic" effect- but I think it lives up to all of its other claims. There is little to no smudging, and zero flaking when worn for a full day (we're talking 10 or more hours). 

Bottom Line:
If you're looking for a simple, everyday mascara that enhances your eyelashes, but aren't looking for tons of volume and length, this mascara is for you! It's cheap and performs well, what more could you want? In fact, I may have found my drugstore dupe of Bobbi Brown's Everything mascara, which I already reviewed here. :D If you guys want, I can do a post comparing the two. 

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment