Sunday, July 15, 2012

e.l.f. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Finally, a non mascara post! :D I'll be reviewing the e.l.f. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter. Quite a mouthful! I already gave my opinion of this in my haul video, which you can watch here, if you haven't already. This concealer claims to "correct under eye problematic areas such as dark circles and bags easily and effectively", according to e.l.f.'s website. It has vitamins A & E chamomile, caffeine and green tea to "moisturize, soothe, and tighten the skin around the delicate eye area". The highlighter is supposed to brighten up the eye area.






Before

After (NOTE: I did not use the highlighter)



The Good:
This is my new favorite concealer! It has surpassed my Maybelline Fit Me, which is what I've been using. It's creamy, super blendable and conceals wonderfully! It's pigmented enough to rid me of my dark circles, which I'm always hyper-aware of (because I'm weird like that). The consistency is very nice, too- not too watery or too thick. Also, it doesn't settle into my fine lines- it even makes them less visible, which I love! :D

The Bad:
The highlighter SUCKS. It says it has "light reflecting pigments" in it to diffuse light or something and brighten up the undereye area. When they say "light reflecting pigments", they actually just mean sparkle. TONS of sparkle. I don't dare put this on (I'm not wearing it in the above photo), because I'm scared I'm going to resemble a disco ball if I go out in direct sunlight. If I do wear this, I only wear it under the concealer. 

Overall:
I highly recommend this concealer! For only $3, you can't beat the price, and it provides great coverage for light to medium dark circles. If you have severe dark circles, you might want to look for something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment