Friday, July 13, 2012

L'Oréal Voluminous Curved Brush Mascara Review

Hey! Today I am reviewing the L'Oréal Voluminous Curved mascara. This mascara is part of the Voluminous line from L'Oréal (obviously :P). The difference is the brush- while the one from the normal Voluminous is your basic, straight mascara brush, this one is curved. Thankfully, this mascara doesn't make ridiculous claims, unlike zillions of other mascaras out there- according to L'Oréal, the "custom-curved brush easily lifts and curls lashes while resisting clumping and flaking" and their "maximizing formula thickens and builds lashes to three times or more their natural fullness". Let's see how it performs!













Bare, curled lashes

Lashes after 2 coats 

The Good:
This mascara makes my lashes look fabulous!! It separates beautifully, and holds a curl pretty well, also. Not much else to say here. The curved brush doesn't add much, but it doesn't hinder application and 


The Bad:
This brush irritates me. As you can see from the pictures, there's a TON of mascara gloop on the wand when you pull it out. There's also gloop on the brush, which makes application very gloppy. Whenever I use this, I have to wipe all of this gloop off, otherwise it comes out clumpy. (NOTE: I did NOT wipe off the wand for these pictures- I thought it would better represent the mascara if I didn't. If you want, I can post pictures with the wand wiped off.) This is my second bottle of this mascara, and I did not have the gloop problem with my first bottle, so this is kind of weird. I LOVED my first bottle of this, so I might just have grabbed a bad bottle this time.


Overall:
This mascara is very nice. It separates and lengthens extremely well- not a ton of volume here, but there's still some. I do not think I will repurchase, as I like trying new mascaras, and this didn't wow me as much as my first bottle. I will use it until it's empty, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment