Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review & Swatching: Maybelline EyeStudio Master Shape Brow Pencil

Hi! Today I will be reviewing Maybelline's Master Shape Brow Pencil. I have the color in Blonde, and even though my hair is light brown, I think this works well; the soft brown would've been too dark, in my opinion. Anyways, onto the photos!









 Close up of the spoolie
 The tip- this pencil does NOT sharpen well, hence the mangled point
 Swatched pretty heavily


 Swatch blended out
 Eyebrow before the pencil
Eyebrow after. It's a little hard to tell the difference, but my eyebrow is definitely darker.

Overall, I think this pencil is so-so. It has excellent pigmentation, and I like the spoolie brush. However, I do have one major complaint- the pencil is some kind of plastic, which makes it a pain in the ass to sharpen well. I have NO idea why on earth Maybelline did this, because it seems to add nothing to the pencil. Also, it's pretty pricey, (by my cheapo standards at least) at $7.99. Maybelline claims that, among other things, this pencil has "exclusive wax technology" that keeps brows in place. The pencil is definitely waxier than other brow pencils I've had, but I don't really think it helps keep my brows in place. 

Bottom line: I don't know if I would buy this again. As I said, I HATE the fact that the pencil is plastic, and I'm not a big fan of the price tag. I do not think this product is worth that much, and I liked Maybelline's Define-A-Brow better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment